Monday 17 October 2011

Yes, I am!

Hi Everyone!



I'm a crafter. I started with cross-stitching when I was in Uni (the time when I can fund my hobby by saving from my allowance). When I started working, a jewellery making fundraising activity started my love of beading. Then a colleague, who loved to knit, shared her passion, and I was hooked! To date, I've done a couple of jumpers, baby jackets, booties, baby blankets, and scarves. When I got pregnant with my first child, my mother-in-law visited and taught me how to crochet lovely coasters. And you guessed it, I got hooked in crocheting! 


As a crafter, I always look forward to crafting events and frequently visits craft sites. I always come across scrap booking, stamping, and card making. I am so tempted to start this new hobby but very hesitant because (want to guess?) I know I will get so addicted to it! I attended the Sydney Craft Show in 2010, to check some new and good stuff for my already existing hobbies. Along with the few pearls and bead findings, I also bought some cute stickers, small stamps, card stock set and adhesives. I just thought, well, I could use them to make birthday cards that my kids could give to their friends. Kids love stickers, don't they? *wink* 


Another Sydney Craft show later, I bought more card making supplies - glitters, markers, foam adhesives, ribbons, stamp pads and stickers. There you go! Despite my long list of project wishlist, and as if all my existing hobbies, two kids and a husband is not enough to keep me occupied, I gave in to this thing called card making.  Since then, a lot of handmade cards had been made by me and my kids. Then I realised, well, this is fun! I'm doing what I like to do, and my kids enjoy doing it with me! (Well, my little girl loves beading too! Who wouldn't love those pretty necklaces and bracelets? But my little boy is not into beading. Which little boy is, anyway?*sad*). Now, my kids make their own cards (with mum's guidance) to give to friends on their birthdays! Isn't that wonderful?! And they're having so much fun making it! 


The story didn't end there. One day while I was nursing a cold in bed, I searched the net for some Christmas card making ideas. I came upon a video which demonstrates making a fabulous Christmas card using stamps and the 'Big Shot' (if you don't know what a Big shot is, it is a very versatile and handy tool that embosses and cuts shapes using paper, card stock, magnets,fabric, etc). The card looks beautiful and seemed too easy to make! The video was published by a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. Watching a couple (okay, a lot! lol) more videos later, I was so impressed of the many Stampin' Up! products that I saw. I was like, I wanted some of those please! Surely with the right tools and materials, you can make lovely cards in a breeze! I visited the Stampin' Up! website, browsed a bit (okay, a lot! lol) and after 2 days of browsing (and comparing prices, too!) and learning about Stampin' Up! and their gorgeous products, I started looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in my area (online!), and I signed up (online! Isn't that cool?!). I am now enjoying the benefits of being a Stampin! Up demonstrator (yipee!). 


So now, it's clear,  that I am, Yes, I am! ... addicted to stamping!
Welcome to my stamping blog, where I share what I make and blog it! 


Thanks and Enjoy visiting!


P.S. 
Please let me know if you want to learn more about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator or would like to buy any of the Stampin' Up! products. I will be happy to answer your questions! Just email me at joyce.bautista@y7mail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment